Friday, September 16, 2011

Holding the lantern

Tomorrow is Auditor's day.  What better people to acknowledge than those who not only devoted a few years of their lives to learn how to help others, but who then have the spiritual fortitude to continue to work with people, day in and day out, to make their lives better.

I really like the idea of a holiday that celebrates these people in present time.  It's a different sort of holiday - rather than commemorating a past glory, we are helping to acknowledge people who are heroes now.

I've had a number of great auditors during my 20 years as a staff member.  It is such a gift to be able to look back through the years and recognize that as time has passed, I've become more enthusiastic about living life - more excited about where life is going.

I have a special affinity for my current auditor, Carla.  When we go in session, I know that it is her intention that I do better.  That intention goes a long ways when dealing with things that have bothered me for a very long time.

To quote from Mr. Hubbard, "I think of an auditor as a person with enough guts to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  This quality is rare and this quality is courageous in the extreme....  If this world has any faintest chance of surviving it will not be because I write, but because auditors can and will think and do... The most decent people I have ever known have been auditors."

Thank you!

Popular Posts